We’re rapidly approaching that part of the year when individuals take stock of their habits and attempt to turn over a new leaf. Used car dealers are no exception. As we enter into the New Year’s Resolution season, think about some of the ways in which you can drive more sales from your showroom or lot—perhaps by stepping up your marketing game.
We’ll offer some suggestions. Here are a handful of marketing resolutions we’d recommend to dealerships everywhere.
5 Dealer Marketing Resolutions for the New Year
- Post more of your inventory on Craigslist. We say this all the time, but Craigslist is one of the great secret weapons of used car dealers. Here you’ll find local customers who are truly motivated to purchase a vehicle—and quick! Studies show that Craigslist customers are more likely to buy, and that they reach a decision more quickly, than any other customer demographic. Make sure your dealership is using this important platform!
- Augment organic Facebook posts with paid ads. Your dealership is probably already posting content to Facebook—and that’s good! Keep it up! What we recommend is enhancing that organic activity with paid promotions, taking full advantage of the robust targeting options offered by the Facebook Ads platform. And don’t feel like you have to start out on a grand scale; even a very modest budget can help you see some results.
- Create an email newsletter for your dealership. Email remains the best way to directly reach out to buyers, and to remind your previous customers that you’re out there, ready to meet all their automotive needs. If you don’t already have a weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly email newsletter for your dealership, now’s the time to start one!
- Invest in an SEO audit. A professional SEO company can take a deep dive into your dealer website, helping you identify opportunities to improve your search engine visibility. This can be an excellent way to discover new possibilities for SEO enhancements.
- Get more reviews. If your dealership isn’t actively seeking reviews on sites like Google and Facebook, you’re missing out on some big opportunities. Reviews help with your search engine rankings, and they also help build consumer confidence. It’s pretty easy and inexpensive to reach out to your best, most loyal buyers and simply ask them for some quick feedback. Resolve to do so in the coming year!
Now’s the Time to Make Resolutions
Start laying the foundation for an ambitious and effective 2019 marketing campaign now—and with any questions, don’t hesitate to contact our automotive marketing experts! Reach out to Get My Auto at your next convenience.