Craigslist is nothing new, and it’s certainly nothing flashy. As such, many dealers are tempted to ignore it, to exclude it from their marketing efforts altogether. This is a critical error.
Consider that Craigslist remains one of the 50 most visited websites in the world. Consider, too, that it gets more than 60 million American users each month. Finally, consider that Craigslist buyers tend to move through the sales process pretty quickly—meaning that dealers who use Craigslist wisely can get some quick conversions.
You’ll notice that there’s a catch: To get maximum benefit from Craigslist, it is important to use it in a strategic, effective manner—but how? A big part of it is making sure your listings are properly optimized.
To help, here are some quick Craigslist optimization tips from the Get My Auto marketing team.
Optimizing Your Craigslist Listings: 6 Tips
- Make the title count. The title is the most important part of your whole post, because it’s what determines whether buyers click through to read more. Make sure yours is clear, crisp, and memorable. Do include the major selling points of the vehicle. Don’t include price (generally), and don’t say anything deceptive or untrue.
- Use keywords judiciously. You don’t need to clog your ad copy with keywords to the point where it’s unreadable, but do make sure you hit all the highlights, ensuring your listing shows up in filtered searches.
- Keep it simple. There’s no need for a lot of fancy HTML coding within your ad. In fact, Craigslist may see that as a spam trick. Stick with text and a few good images. Speaking of which…
- Include pictures. Don’t post a car without some good images that showcase its main features. Ideally, you’ll take pictures somewhere outside your showroom—maybe against a nice, green backdrop somewhere in town.
- Sell the dealership. Remember that you’re not just trying to sell a particular car; you’re ultimately trying to get people interested in your dealership as a whole. Include your primary “why buys” in each ad.
- Be original. To avoid getting your ads labeled as spam, it’s best not to repeat yourself. Vary your ad copy as much as you can, and provide each new ad with its own distinct message and verbiage.
Get Help Optimizing Your Ads
It’s a tall order, really making those Craigslist ads sing—but you don’t have to do it alone. Get My Auto offers unparalleled expertise in Craigslist ad optimization—and we can help you make your ads truly effective.
To get started, reach out to us today. The Get My Auto team is standing by to help your dealership achieve marketing success.