Craigslist is your used car dealership’s secret weapon—an invaluable tool for showcasing your inventory and connecting with motivated buyers. After all, Craigslist shoppers tend to make decisions quicker, and generate higher overall conversion rates, than the average consumer. But of course, getting the most bang for your Craigslist buck requires more than just scattered posts. It takes a real strategy. Here are some tips to help you get started.
Making the Most of Your Craigslist Ads
- Only advertise the best-selling vehicles for your market. One of the most common questions that dealers ask is, which vehicles should I advertise on Craigslist? Certainly, we recommend being selective, curating the cars you display based on local trends and buyer personas. To ensure your Craigslist dollars aren’t wasted, don’t spend them on second- or third-tier inventory.
- Sell your dealership, not just your cars. Your ads should do more than just lay out the technical specs for the vehicle in question. They should also make note of financing options, monthly promotions, and other services you provide at your dealership. Remember that you’re not just trying to sell a car; you’re trying to build your brand.
- Don’t forget a strong call to action. You’d be amazed how many used car dealerships write Craigslist ad copy but forget to include a strong call to action. Always use motivational language and crisp verbs to encourage shoppers to call or email you. And make sure to include the right contact information!
- Include some good photographs. One of the great things about marketing automobiles is that they’re so naturally photogenic; it’s not hard at all to take some good, compelling photos that make people want to learn more. One tip we can offer is to take pictures somewhere away from your dealership. A nice, green, outdoorsy backdrop feels more personal and inviting than the inside of your showroom.
- Automate! The best Craigslist advertising campaign is one that runs largely on its own. Of course, there will always be a need for some human input, but using a program like Get My Auto’s Craigslist Wizard can make the entire process smooth and streamlined.
Take Your Craigslist Posts to the Next Level
Craigslist is a powerful tool—but like any tool, you’ve got to know how to use it correctly. One way to eliminate much of the guesswork is to get our Craigslist Wizard tool now and start automating your ad creation and ad delivery processes.
We’d love to talk with you more about this program, or about dealership marketing in general. To start the conversation, just reach out to Get My Auto directly.