These days, it’s all but impossible to run a successful used car dealership without having a website in place. You need a website so that your business shows up in Google searches; and, because so many of today’s buyers do online research long before they actually set foot in a showroom.
One of the most important marketing decisions you’ll ever make, then, is where you get that website—that is, which platform you use. We encourage you to look into Get My Auto’s SaaS package, which includes a dealer website platform. We focus exclusively on the needs of used car dealerships, and know how to help them develop websites that get results.
But whether you end up choosing our platform or a different one, it’s important to do some due diligence. Here are five must-haves for any dealer website platform.
5 Things You Need in Your Website Platform
- Mobile responsiveness. Statistics show that about half of all Internet use takes place on mobile devices, and that number is increasing all the time. To connect with your audience, it’s vital that you have a site that shows up properly on all kinds of devices. Make sure you check your platform to ensure that it is indeed designed for mobile first.
- Fast loading times. We’ve noted this in previous posts, but it’s really a critical point: Today’s buyers don’t have time to wait for a slow-loading website. If yours takes more than two or three seconds, you’re losing out on business.
- Conversion optimization. Your website should do many things, and one of those things is help you generate conversions. Specifically, you want people to make appointments to come down to your dealership. Look for a website platform that offers appointment-making forms, as well as CRM integration.
- SEO. You also need your website to generate Google visibility for you, which means site architecture that’s made with SEO in mind. Before selecting a website platform, ask about built-in SEO perks.
- Ease of updating. Finally, remember that a good website isn’t static. You will want to revise and update it regularly and may even wish to populate it with blog posts. Make sure you get a feel for the back end on your website platform, and pick something that is easy for you to keep current.
Look for the Best Website Platform
The bottom line for used car dealerships: Your website matters. It’s one of the most important marketing assets you have. You want to get it right from the ground up, and that means picking the right website platform.
Get My Auto has a platform that’s customized for dealerships, and provides all the benefits you need—fast loading times, search engine optimization, conversion enhancement, mobile responsiveness, and easy updating.
We’d love to tell you more about our website platform and other SaaS offerings, all of them made with used car dealers in mind. Reach out to us today to learn more!