There are a lot of people out there, searching for their next used vehicle—and thanks to the Internet, it’s never been easier for your dealership to connect with them. The hard part is knowing which channels you can use to send leads your way. Here are four lead generation opportunities your independent auto dealership should not miss.
Yes, Craigslist. It’s been around seemingly since the dawn of the Web, and no longer strikes anyone as a particularly novel marketing channel. For used car dealerships, though, it’s invaluable; Craigslist shoppers are eager to buy a car, and as such they tend to convert pretty quickly. As you use Craigslist to drive leads, remember:
– You’re not just selling your inventory, but your brand
– You need to be tracking calls; integrate Craigslist with your CRM system
– Have team members who are dedicated to Craigslist inquiry follow-up
Using Facebook for organic reach is fine, but the Facebook Ads platform is what dealers should really be using. It allows you to target buyers with amazing precision—even displaying ads specifically to local customers who are interested in a certain type of automobile. It takes some time to familiarize yourself with Facebook Ads’ targeting and bidding options, but it can be a powerful way to send leads to your website.
One piece of advice: Make sure you have landing pages ready to convert those leads into buyers, or at the very least into appointments.
Of course, one of the best ways to get local buyers calling your dealership is to get it to rank well in the Google local map pack. Some tips to make that happen:
– Optimize your content; include keywords in your meta title, meta description, headings, and body text
– Include your contact information—including dealership name, address, and phone number—on every page of content
– Add both relevant internal links and authoritative external links throughout your content
– Seek citations in local business directories or other websites
One more way to attract the attention of potential buyers? Position yourself as an authority—someone who knows a lot about cars, and is available to help customers make informed decisions.
Content marketing is all about forming this kind of thought leadership. The best way to go about it is to blog about relevant topics that offer value to buyers. Remember, the point isn’t to be overly salesy, but to earn trust. Blog regularly, and promote your posts through various social media channels.
Start Boosting Leads Today
You have plenty of options for generating leads at your used car dealership. The next step is pulling it all together into a strategy. That’s where Get My Auto comes in. We’re automotive marketing experts, and we can help you see the big picture. Reach out to Get My Auto today to learn more.